Choosing a right Domain Name for your Website
Domain name is an identification label to define a realm of administrative, authoritative or control in Internet, based on the Domain Name System (DNS).
DNS is a naming system for computers, services or any resource participating in Internet. It associates some information, with domain names assigned to each of the participants.
Tips for choosing Domain name are:
• Domain name should be short. These are easy to remember as well as there are least chances for it to get misspelled.
• Domain name should be simple. Try not to include special characters like hyphens or underscores. These things are forgetful for the people to remember them.
• It should be unique and original. Domain name should not be a copy or too similar to any other website’s domain.
• Domain name should be personalized.
• It should be easy to pronounce and understand. Tough domain names always create confusions.
• A domain name should be easy to remember.
• The spellings of the domain name of a website should be easy enough to be understood and written in records.
• Domain name should always be indicative of the business category of website. It should be self explanatory.